2.02.2011

Installation Love

I had such joy this past weekend, with my paper fire escape sculptures in Come Up To My Room at The Gladstone. By nature, I don't like being the centre of attention, so I was really overwhelmed by all the attention I received from friends and strangers, alike.

It sounds incredibly naive, but I was genuinely not expecting the positive reactions I received. In fact, since I do this type of thing for myself first, I really wasn't expecting much from the weekend beyond having an excuse to bring lots of lovely people from different corners of my life together in one, happy place.

On top of all the lovely, kind words from lots of folks, I got tagged by DesignLines as one of their many loves for the design weekend in Toronto. So flattering!

There's also been some neat blog love over at MocoLoco, NotCot, Design Upcomers and SOS Design.

Last but not least, I got to meet really amazing artists and designers throughout the weekend. I have my favourites, but truly, the calibar of the show this year was fantastic, so I don't want to single out any one to your attention, but encourage you to check them all out.





5 comments:

  1. Jen, seriously...these are absolutely breathtaking. I wish I could have seen them in person!! They are installed perfectly.

    Way to go times a billion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen! These are AH-MAY-ZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,

    I'm a printmaker and fellow paper enthusiast. I found your blog by accident and want to drop a line to tell you how awesome your work is. Seriously - great stuff all around.

    You have yourself a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete